Friday, February 27, 2009

Never Sit on the Sidelines!


Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize?
Run in such a way that you may obtain it.
2 Timothy 2:2

If there is a game going on, I cannot stand to be sitting on the sidelines. Call me competitive or whatever you like, but I detest sitting still when everyone else is running around. I suffered a major ankle injury while in high school that kept me off the basketball floor for several weeks. Sitting at practices and games watching my teammates was more excruciating than the injury itself.
I realize that there is a time to be still, but so many individuals choose the wrong times to be still or they choose to be still way too long. God did not save us so that we could just sit on the sidelines. I have often said that if God saved us just to go to Heaven He would have taken out of this world at the moment of our conversion. God saved us so that we could serve. Jesus even told His followers to pray that His Father would send out workers into the fields. Some people have a false idea even of Heaven. They believe that we are all going to lounge around on clouds while playing our harps and singing to one another. We are going to be ruling and reigning with Christ. When God created Adam, He gave him a job to do (tending to the Garden). I would like to challenge all of us to get in the race and run it with a desire to win!

No comments: